Frequently Asked Questions
µTorrent Control allows for the full µTorrent experience, directly from the Browser! Privately control your client from any browser, any computer, and anywhere. You can even manage multiple clients from µTorrent Control.
We've taken great precaution to insure your privacy. We have no idea what your password is so make sure you remember.
For initial set up, make sure µTorrent Control and the µTorrent Client is installed and running on the same computer.
In µTorrent Control, select Set up µTorrent Control > select Yes in the µTorrent Client to allow access > choose a Computer name and Password
Make sure you remember your password. For your privacy we do not store your password.
Find the torrent you want to add > right click on the torrent > select Copy link location > select the plus symbol in µTorrent Control > paste the URL in Add Torrent > select Upload
The torrent will be loaded into the µTorrent client that is currently connected to µTorrent Control.
- The µTorrent client is installed on a computer at your home.
- You have µTorrent Control installed on a second computer at a friend’s place (you log in with the correct computer name and password).
- When you add a torrent in µTorrent Control, your client at home will begin downloading that torrent.
Select Connection Settings in µTorrent Control > select Disconnect µTorrent Control
In the µTorrent client > Options > Preferences > Remote > Set Security Question
In order to reset Computer name and password, µTorrent Control and the µTorrent Client must be on the same machine.
Select Connection Settings in µTorrent Control > select Reset Local µTorrent Credentials
µTorrent 3.0 and above
- Make sure your µTorrent Client is currently running.
- Do you have the correct version of the µTorrent Client?
- Do you have the correct computer name and password?
- Internet Explorer 8 and above
- Firefox 3 and above
From Windows 7
Select Start > select Control Panel > select Uninstall a program > select µTorrentControl
Select Firefox menu > select Add-ons > select Extensions > select Remove for µTorrentControl
Right click on µTorrent logo in the extension area (right of the address bar) > select Uninstall